TCP Linda 8 Supported Platforms
TCP Linda is a parallel execution environment which has been used to
create a parallel version of Gaussian for local area network and
some distributed memory multiprocessor environments.
An upgrade to TCP Linda 8 is required for running
with Gaussian 09 for all supported platforms.
You must have a site license for the corresponding version of Gaussian
09 (or G09W or G09M) in order to purchase TCP-Linda for that platform.
Supported workstations for TCP Linda parallel execution (see the Gaussian
09 platform requirements for details on the supported operating system versions):
- IA32-based computers running Linux
- x86_64-based systems† running Linux
- Intel IA64 (Itanium2) running Linux
- IBM Power 5 or 7 systems running Linux
- IBM Power 5, 6 or 7 systems running AIX
- Sun x86_64-based systems† running Solaris
- HP Alpha running Tru64
- Macintosh G4 and G5 running Mac OS X
- 32-bit Intel Macintosh (IA32) running Mac OS X
- 64-bit Intel Macintosh (EM64T) running Mac OS X
- Windows XP or Vista Ultimate; Windows 7 is not supported at this time. Click here for Windows system requirements. (Note: TCP-Linda for Windows is currently only available as a 32-bit application.)
†The same Linda version is used on both AMD Opteron and Intel EM64T systems.
However, Gaussian 09 provides separate versions for the two architectures.
Last update: 18 September 2012